This is my go to recipe for potatoes. My whole family adores them so much that I usually make double batches of it. They cook up crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and are super easy to throw together. I often make enough to have leftovers and serve them with eggs the next morning- just heat them up in a frying pan quickly. I even make them on nights we have breakfast for dinner and make breakfast bowls out of them. They are sooooo good.
They are super easy because you don’t have to stand over a frying pan making them- just chop, season and bake. I will usually peel the potatoes if they are not organic but if they are organic, I just leave the peels right on and they are great. Even my two littlest ones who don’t like potatoes eat these and that is a huge win when all six of us can agree and love something!
- 2 Lbs of white or yellow potatoes (peeled or unpeeled), cut into 1/2 inch pieces. (Sometimes russet potatoes work o.k. but tend not to hold their shape as well)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked paprika is really good here)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder (or cut up several garlic cloves and mix in)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes in a 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour melted butter and olive oil over potatoes and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place in oven and and bake, stirring every 15 minutes (so they evenly crisp and don't stick to pan), until potatoes are tender and starting to brown in spots and get crispy. This will take about 45-55 min.
- They can be cooked at a lower temp if you are cooking other food that requires a lower temp. You just may have to cook longer or you may have to turn up the oven temp at the end to crisp them up a bit. (They are great not crispy too!)