I recently found this simple recipe for an amazing Italian dressing and I couldn’t be happier. Ever since I gave up buying pre-made dressings, because of the additives and ingredients in them, I have been searching for a great Italian dressing recipe. My search has finally ended with this recipe- it hit the mark perfectly! It is absolutely delicious and my whole family loves it. I actually find myself craving salads just to have this dressing. It kind of reminds me of an Olive Garden style Italian dressing, only better.
This dressing only has a few simple ingredients in it, comes together quickly, and can be stored in the fridge for a couple of weeks. The only changes I made were to add a little extra sugar, garlic and vinegar –otherwise I left the recipe alone. The great thing about a recipe like this is that you can use it as is and it will be delicious or just use it as a starting point and adjust the seasonings to suit your family’s taste. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar (I love this with salad vinegar but red wine or balsamic vinegar are also good)
- 2 Tbsp grated Romano cheese (Parmesan would be good too)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt
- heaping 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Place all the ingredients into a salad dressing container, jar, or a bowl with a lid. Close tightly with lid and shake for about 10 seconds or until completely combined. Or even better- use an immersion blender or blender to combine ingredients (this combines it better so it won't separate quickly).
- Serve on your favorite salad and store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Once refrigerated, if your oil has solidified- just let it sit at room temperature a bit before serving or run container under warm water and shake the dressing again.