Yay!! I am finally coming back from quite a long break with a super simple yet delicious recipe. Once again I have been battling digestive issues, so needless to say I have not been up to cooking, taking pictures, or honestly much else. It has been difficult to get through a day at times and I probably wouldn’t have if it weren’t for some amazing friends that the Lord has blessed me with.
This avocado and egg recipe has been something that I have been able to eat through everything and absolutely love. As I mentioned in the post for this asparagus and egg recipe, I love pairing eggs with vegetables for breakfast. It is also no secret that browned butter is one of my all time favorite things. So I figured it couldn’t hurt to brown some butter, cook an egg in it and put it on top of an avocado. Add a little Parmesan cheese and you have an amazingly simple, impressive and delicious breakfast.
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of butter (depending on how much butter you like use more or less)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese for sprinkling if desired
- Place one half of avocado on each of two plates, set aside. Crack eggs into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-low heat; melt butter and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the butter is just beginning to lightly brown and has a nutty aroma. It will foam up first, clear a bit, then turn brown. Watch it closely as it can burn quickly.
- When butter is just brown, quickly add eggs to pan. (This stops the butter from browning more).Cook eggs sunny side up or over easy to desired consistency, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove eggs from pan and place one on each avocado half. Pour the browned butter from skillet evenly over the eggs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!!