Here is a great recipe that is sure to be a hit for any upcoming Super Bowl feast you have planned. These little sweet bacon wrapped chicken appetizers are our favorite. I mean doesn’t just about anything (within reason lol) wrapped in bacon taste better? These are a staple every year on my Christmas Eve appetizer menu and also appear throughout the year at other gatherings and for a fun dinner every now and then. Bite sized chicken breast pieces, coated in brown sugar and chili powder, then wrapped in bacon and coated again. Delicious! A sweet and salty combination that will have everybody wanting more.
They couldn’t be easier to make and use just a few simple ingredients. The recipe can easily be doubled or halved, whatever works for you. And kids absolutely love them- just be careful of the toothpicks! I have made them and advance (the morning of) and they do get a little “watery” in the fridge, but they bake up perfectly fine. Just give these a try- you won’t be disappointed and they are sure to become a favorite. Just don’t count how many you eat!
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts, depending on size
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 cup of brown sugar*
- 3 Tbsp of Chili powder*
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a the rack of a broiler pan or baking sheet. (Or you can line with foil for easier clean up)
- Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Cut bacon strips into thirds.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar and chili powder (it's easier to just use your fingers to mix)
- Dip each piece of chicken into brown sugar/chili powder mixture and wrap with a piece of the bacon. Secure with toothpick and dip to coat once again with brown sugar/chili powder mixture.
- Place on prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 min or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and crisp.
- *If you end up needing additional brown sugar/chili powder mix, just use 1 Tbsp chili powder per 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- I have made these early in the day for the evening. They get a little watery in the fridge but still cook up fine.