I am sure there are plenty of great s’mores rice krispie treat recipes out there, from simple to more complicated. But I wanted to share the recipe for these super easy treats I just threw together one day and we have loved ever since.
They are super simple- I just use my favorite rice krispie treat recipe (yes it includes a lot of butter 🙂 ) and stir in some graham cracker pieces with the rice krispies, wait for it to cool a minute and stir in some chocolate chips. It couldn’t be easier and the results are great. They actually taste similar to the s’mores we know and love but have the benefit of storing well and being easily transported to a picnic or party.
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 1 bag of Marshmallows (10 oz)
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 9 Graham crackers broken into bite sized pieces (1 package or about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 pan
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat and stir in rice krispies and graham cracker pieces. Allow to cool for a minute or two- mixture will still be warm and spreadable but not hot. Quickly fold in chocolate chips and press in prepared pan. Eat warm or once cooled slice into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- I prefer 1 stick of butter- it keeps the rice krispie treats softer. You can get away with 4 to 5 Tbsp of butter but the results will be drier and firmer.